SPL provides information and resources for water treatment professionals, infection preventionists and other healthcare professionals, and engineers. Waterborne, our quarterly newsletter, tackles every day Legionella issues and provides practical solutions.
- LegiMapper Now you can build professional process flow diagrams for your ASHRAE 188 water safety and managment plan.
- LegiDoc LegiDoc takes the guess work out of writing water safety and management plans (WSMP). Because most of the plan has been written for you by experts in Legionella, microbiology, engineering, and ASHRAE 188 all you need to do is add your information. LegiDoc takes you through the plan step by step and then automatically generates a complete plan, backed by Special Pathogens Laboratory.
- Legionella Guidelines Table
- ANSI/ASHRAE 188
- CDC Toolkit for ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 188
- CMS Memorandum (2017)
- CMS Memorandum (2018)
- New York State Regulations (PDF)
- New York City Legislation (PDF)
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Cooling Tower Regulations (PDF)
- Comparison Guide to Cooling Tower Legionella: New York City and New York State (PDF)
- CDC Healthcare-associated Infections (PDF)
- Investigation of healthcare infection risks from water-related organisms (PDF)
SPL Informational Fliers
- ASHRAE Standard 188 Requires Risk Management to Prevent Legionnaires' Disease
- Evaluation of A New Monochloramine Generation System for Controlling Legionella In Building Hot Water Systems
- Field evaluation of a new point-of-use faucet filter for preventing exposure to Legionella and other waterborne pathogens in health care facilities
- Shift in the Microbial Ecology of a Hospital Hot Water System following the Introduction of an On-Site Monochloramine Disinfection System
- Legionella in Ice Machines May be Sentinel for Drinking Water Contamination
- Preventing Legionellosis
- Is there a standard method for Legionella testing?
- What is a safe level for Legionella?
- Should equipment for patient care such as transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE) probes be rinsed with hospital tap water?
- How effective is chlorine in controlling Legionella?
- What volume of water should be collected for Legionella testing?
- When collecting a sample for Legionella testing should I use swabs or water? Is one better than the other?
Dr. Janet Stout and key SPL staff are available to speak at conferences, staff trainings, and other events. To request a speaker, please complete this form. We will contact you upon reciept of your information.
For extensive FAQs, publications, and to read stories from survivors of Legionnaires' disease, visit Special Pathogens Laboratory's educational website legionella.org.