Legionella Testing: Dispelling Myths and Misinformation
11:00 am ET on Thursday, January 22, 2015
Join the Association for Water Technologies for a free webinar with Janet E. Stout, PhD, president and director of Special Pathogens Laboratory.
The glut of misinformation about Legionella detection continues to create unnecessary confusion. From sample collection to interpretation water treatment professionals are often asked to address well-worn myths, especially when there is a case. Some professionals may even dread testing for fear of finding a positive result. However, you can protect yourself and your clients by knowing the facts about Legionella.
1) New research in sample collection, transport and interpretation (including flush / no flush and sample volume);
2) How to use Legionella testing in water safety plans;
3) What testing does and doesn’t tell you about the efficacy of your water treatment program;
4) Legionella basics: separating myth from fact; and
5) What to tell clients when there is a positive result.
The webinar is open to AWT members and nonmembers.