What's in Your Water?® We can tell you.
Free Sampling Kits
SPL provides free sampling kits, which include bottles, swabs, insulated bag, sampling instructions, and a Chain of Custody form that needs to be returned with your samples.
Chain of Custody
A Chain of Custody (COC) form is included in your sampling kit. If you need extra copies you can download COC here.
Test codes, Methods, Turn Around Times
For a list of tests, test codes, testing methods, and estimated turn around times see Test Codes and Turn Around Times.
General Shipping Information
- Send samples to Special Pathogens Laboratory, 1401 Forbes Ave., Suite 401, Pittsburgh, PA 15219, for receipt Monday through Friday only.
- Samples are not processed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Samples received in the afternoon may be processed the next working day.
- Send samples overnight delivery (preferably Fed Ex).
- Ship Monday through Thursday only to assure proper receipt. Ship samples within a watertight, insulated shipping container. Include cold packs if not sending by overnight express. NO WET ICE.
- Some tests require different shipping instructions. See specific test pages.
Your results will be emailed to you in PDF format. See sample report.